When it comes to game day, chicken wings are pretty much required. Check our recipes for something a little different for the fans. And you can save 15% right now on both our Game Day and Charcuterie collections.
Top 5 Chicken Wings for Super Sunday
1. Without a doubt, our truffalo chicken wings will make an impression. They are just a slight tweak on the original buffalo wings recipe with Frank’s Red Hot sauce; instead of plain butter, we use black truffle butter. And it’s spectacular.
2. Grilled harissa honey wings, Moroccan style. A little bit spicy, a little bit sweet. And with the yogurt dipping sauce, a little bit garlicky.
3. Asian-style wings for the win. Chili and garlic and crispy fried wings spell V-I-C-T-O-R-Y in our book.
4. Technically, these last two recipes are not wings. But surely drumsticks are as welcome at a game watching party. These duck fat fried chicken drumsticks definitely will be.
5. Sticky balsamic and honey glazed drumsticks might make a mess, but every bite will be worth it. Have extra napkins on hand.
Looking for game day menu ideas? A cold afternoon in February seems like the perfect time for warming, hearty dishes and you can score a touchdown with our game day recipes. Plus you can save 15% right now on both our Game Day and Charcuterie collections.
Top 5 Main Dishes for Super Sunday
1. Cassoulet is nothing but French chili – granted, it has a lot of incredible cured meats and the heirloom Tarbais beans. It’s what chili dreams of becoming. Essentially it’s a hearty one-pot meal that is best enjoyed with lots of red wine.
2. Korean-style buffalo steak. You can sear the steak in a grill pan if it’s too cold to cook outside. Or you could wear a coat. Either way, this smoky and sweet steak is a winner.
3. Ribs. Is there anything so wonderful? These coffee-rubbed ribs are simple to make and will please everyone at the game. Baby back ribs are best on the grill, though we have enjoyed oven-braised ribs from first bite to the last lick of the bone.
4. Big juicy meatballs can be messy (watch the sauce!) but are always welcome. This recipe can be enjoyed over pasta, but is perfectly delicious on its own, with a hunk of good bread to sop up the sauce.
5. Slow-cooked wild boar shoulder. Eat it on mashed potatoes, pasta or in a sandwich. This is the beginning of something delicious, saucy and oh, so tender.
6. How could we resist? It’s not really a main course, but it could be if you eat enough of it. This black truffle mac and cheese recipe makes an everyday food downright elegant. So fancy up your game-viewing party with a big batch of this creamy goodness.
Look for our next game day post on chicken wings. You know they are required feeding.
Looking for game day ideas? For some of us all the sport is in the kitchen. Score a major win with our recipes for game day – from snacks and bites to full-on hearty meals. Plus you can save 15% right now on both our Game Day and Charcuterie collections.
Top 5 Sandwiches for Super Sunday
1. Deer, beer and bacon buns. While not a traditional sandwich, we love these for the convenience (and neatness), not to mention the presence of three ingredients we adore: venison, bacon and beer. Game meat on game day, get it?
2. These wild boar sliders are in keeping with the game theme. Yes, wild boar shoulder makes a terrific pulled-pork style sandwich filler. Or should we say pulled boar?
3. Who needs a foot-long sandwich when you have a banh mi? Our smoked duck breast is easily sliced and layered on a baguette in this simple banh mi recipe. It’s perfect to make ahead of time of the game, and offers great flavor combinations. Try substituting our duck rillettes for the smoked duck breast.
4. The Philly cheese steak burger. Half sandwich, half burger, wholly satisfying. In place of the sliced steak, we made oblong wagyu burger patties. Yeah, it works.
5. Lobster rolls with bacon. Need we say more? This is a special treat that we heartily endorse for any game day party – but it’s probably best for a small crowd. You want the buttery buns toasted and served immediately.
Stay tuned for hearty mains that will make game day even tastier.
What are you eating on game day? Score a major win with our recipes for every kind of game-viewing party, from snacks and bites to full-on hearty meals. And save 15% right now on both our Game Day and Charcuterie collections.
Top 5 Snacks Foods for Super Sunday
1. Super pigs in a blanket. Because our 1 lb. French-style pork and garlic sausage makes enough for everyone to enjoy a bite. Try it with Dijon mustard spread on each slice.
2. Chorizo bites are gooey and cheesy and are studded with spicy chorizo sausage. What more could you ask for… besides seconds?
3. Dip. What party is complete without it? Our creamy recipe gets a wallop of umami from mushrooms. And the bacon doesn’t hurt, either.
4. If it’s umami you are after, look no further than our game sausage stuffed mushrooms.
5. We like a sweet ending, too. But when dessert has a little bacon on top, now you’ve got our attention. Try it yourself – these maple bacon doughnuts are a revelation.
Stay tuned for our next post on drool-worthy sandwiches for your game day party.
Welcome to D’Artagnan Homestyle, where it’s all about YOU.
You, the kitchen heroes that toil over the hot stove and butcher’s block to create meals using our products. We want to know what’s cooking at your house.
And this is where we will share your photos and recipes, tips and experiences. Well, here and all over social media.
Just post your food pics on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Pinterest and use our handle @DArtagnanFoods and the hashtag #HomeStyle.
Or email us through the “contact us” form right here on the blog.
What’s in it for you? Well, we may just have some tasty rewards for the cooks who get the most likes, shares, or retweets. Winning the everlasting respect and admiration of the internet is just a bonus.
So get cooking – and don’t forget to take photos! Thanks for sharing your meals with us…
January 9th is National Cassoulet Day, celebrated by all who are devoted to this hearty dish of slow-cooked beans and cured meats. In honor of the occasion, we are giving away 2 cassoulet recipe kits with our friends Languedoc Wines. Because everyone knows that cassoulet and red wine were made for each other. And the only thing better than cassoulet is FREE cassoulet. So head over to the site and enter for your chance to win (there’s also a great discount on cassoulet offered when you enter).
In our kit you will find 3 pounds of Haricot Tarbais, the heirloom beans typically used for cassoulet in Southwest France. Duck leg confit, that miracle of preserved duck, features prominently in our recipe. Two types of sausage and preserved pork belly called ventrèche are the other cured meats in our version of this classic dish. All of this – and a little duck fat and demi-glace – will feed 12 people (more or less, depending on appetites). So get a party together and start planning for cassoulet victory!
For a bit of cassoulet inspiration watch our video of Ariane making cassoulet with Chef Pierre Landet. Anyone can make cassoulet – there’s no reason to be intimidated. Check our recipe to see how simple it is. And good luck in the giveaway.
Just in time for the gift-giving season, here are three new ways to share your love of steak. Each collection is offered at a special price for the holiday season. Click through the links to get more details.
Our marbled and flavorful beef comes from cattle raised exclusively for us by a cooperative of ranchers committed to strict protocols of humane animal husbandry. No antibiotics, hormones or steroids are ever used, which means the cattle take a little longer to come to market, but that’s fine with us. A stress-free lifestyle produces tasty results.
The Triple Play – 4 Boneless Ribeye Steaks. 4 NY Strip Steaks. 4 Filets Mignons. That’s 12 pieces of extraordinary steak that you can enjoy at home, share at a dinner party, or give as a gift to some lucky carnivore.
Then there is the Filet Mignon Special – for those special occasion dinners – with 8 tender petite steaks.
For those with a fondness for the ribeye steak, meet the Ribeye Lover’s Collection. With 4 each of our boneless and bone-in ribeye steaks, the only question is: what will you do with 8 juicy ribeyes steaks?
Every year we get a limited number of turkeys. It’s just part of doing business with small farms. That’s why we encourage you to pre-order soon, to ensure best selection. We say pre-order because we won’t start shipping until just before Thanksgiving – on Friday Nov. 20th to be precise.
We offer organic turkeys in a wide range of sizes. This organic bird has been described as the “best turkey ever” by many of our customers. Once you go organic, you can never go back to commodity turkey again. You can learn more about these turkeys and pre-order here.
A very fine bird is the heritage turkey. This one is not available in large sizes, because the old breeds just can’t grow that big. Heritage breed turkeys have deeper flavor and darker meat; they taste like turkey used to. And if you are feeding a crowd that likes white breast meat, you may want to supplement with a turkey breast. The heritage breeds just don’t boast as large a breast as the modern broad-breasted white turkeys. Please note that we have even fewer of these rare birds. Learn more about how they are raised and reserve yours today.
And for the adventurous eater, we offer wild turkey. These are turkeys in their natural state – the largest size is only ten pounds. They do not feature a prominent breast. It will be a very authentic Thanksgiving with one of these birds on the table.
For those who don’t want turkey at all, we also offer capons and geese. These birds are more traditional in Europe and are ideal for smaller groups.
Read our guide on roasting your big bird for the holiday.
Check our recipes for the holiday table.
Enter to Win a $500 D’Artagnan Online Shopping Spree!
One winner selected Monday, December 7, 2015
One winner selected Tuesday, December 22, 2015
To enter the giveaway (powered by Rafflecopter), click here and follow the instructions. Get extra entries for sharing on Facebook and Twitter!
Last year we hosted a Cassoulet War in NYC and had a blast. So we are doing it again! Join us on September 24, 2015 at The Standard Highline Biergarten and sample 15 cassoulets from 15 different chefs.
And if you can’t make it, join in the fun at home. Order your cassoulet kit and save 15% now through Sunday, September 20. Or get ingredients for cassoulet (also on sale) and create your own version of this iconic dish.
Be sure to post your photos on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram – and use #CassouletWar so we can all see what you made!